The Rainforest Chocolate Tour is a must for nature lovers, historians, plant lovers and chocolate lovers alike! Discover the history of the cacao tree from its use as ceremonial drink to its economic value as a currency. Learn about vanilla vines, hot chilies and cinnamon trees, which are all major ingredients in the ancient Mayan chocolate recipes. You will be able to participate in the chocolate making process and of course taste samples during each step along the way.
– Start times: 8 am, 10 am, 1 pm or 3 pm; tour duration 2 hours
– Adult $23.50, Student with id $19, Child (6-14) $16, free infants (0-5), 10% discount; 4% tax starting July 2020
– 5 minute ($6 taxi) drive from town, on road to La Fortuna Waterfall, directions from google maps
Another option is the Don Juan Coffee and Chocolate tour for those who want to learn about coffee production as well as chocolate. Stroller and wheelchair accessible. French-speaking guides available upon request.
– Start times: 10 am or 2 pm includes transportation, 9 am, 11 am, 1 pm, 3 pm, or 4 pm; tour duration 2 hours
– Adult $36, Child (6-15) $18, includes 10% discount; 4% tax starting July 2020
– 2 minute ($2 taxi) drive north out of town