The Rainforest Chocolate Tour is a must for nature lovers, historians, plant lovers and chocolate lovers alike! Discover the history of the cacao tree from its use as ceremonial drink to its economic value as a currency. Learn about vanilla vines, hot chilies and cinnamon trees, which are all major ingredients in the ancient Mayan chocolate recipes. You will be able to participate in the chocolate making process and of course taste samples during each step along the way.
– Start times: 8 am, 10 am, 1 pm or 3 pm; tour duration 2 hours
– Adult $23.50, Student with id $19, Child (6-14) $16, free infants (0-5), 10% discount
– 5 minute ($6 taxi) drive from town, on road to La Fortuna Waterfall, directions from google maps
Another option is the Don Juan Coffee and Chocolate tour for those who want to learn about coffee production as well as chocolate.
– Start times: 10 am or 2 pm; tour duration 2 hours
– Adult $36, Child (6-15) $18
– 2 minute ($2 taxi) drive north out of town